Friday, August 22, 2014

12. Jungle of memoirs

The moments got crammed with electricity, when I saw you for the first time.
You looked everything that I had always thought, a man should look like
Tall, vigorous, poised, charismatic, polite, eye-catching, and handsome
I took a sneak peek from far and yet, could feel the thumping of your heart
You walked with a bouquet in your hand, filled with my favorite flowers
That clandestine smile and impish look, burnished your playful face
The awkward silence of few minutes, disclosed everything you dreamt of
And the exchange of glances, enlightened the feeling of belongingness

With my eyes closed, and fist held tight, I can travel back to that time
When the heart beat was heard, louder than the thuds
When your presence itself, spoke for unsaid words
When your smile was my joy, your sight the best gift
No split in our souls, our hearts without rift!

Time took away, the glorious moments of our bond
But it forgot to pull me, out of that fancy phase
I am wandering alone, in the jungle of memoirs
Yet hugging your spirit, and kissing your haze
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Her to Him

No comments:

Post a Comment