Wednesday, September 17, 2014

20. I hope you will walk by side

Not in a rush or frenzy
Neither am I sodden in tears
I am merely contemplating
What if?
What if not?

I know, my sweetheart,
You hate scrutiny

But,
This moment is so irresolute

That even though, in heart of my heart
I know what and why and how,
Yet, I doubt

I disbelieve in present-day
I am skeptical about tomorrow
I am lingering to the past
And scraping old sorrows

I am standing on the bridge
Unsure of either path
Holding onto the tenuous guardrail
If I fall, there’s no lath

Mornings bring some hope
Nights take them back
All the miles I walk
I reach the same old rack

Your smile steals my pain away
Your hug gives me home there
Your talks make me feel alive
Your presence makes it all fair

Embracing the feeble dream
I keep on feet, with eyes shut
I hope you will walk by side
And don’t let me fall in rut
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Her to Him

No comments:

Post a Comment